Project: West Angelas Expansion Area C & D Construction Comms
Location: Pilbara, Western Australia
Rio Tinto required commutations for the construction stage of the West Angelas C and D area expansion. The project is located in a remote area of Western Australia and requires the ability to deliver a total solution within a remote mining environment.
Based on the funding schedule the Project was broken into two stages. Stage A was to award the engineering and design phase to a competent integrator which could then supply and install the overall solution within the scheduled project timeline, as part of Stage B.
CSE Crosscom was contracted to design, supply and install the site radio, point to point microwave links, voting infrastructure, telecommunications SKIDS and other key elements for remote site communications.
Main areas of work included:
- Engineering integration services
- Design Engineering
- Drafting services
- Installation & Construction services
- Onsite technical services
For the implementation of:
- Telecommunications SKIDS
- VMR Transceivers and analogue voters
- Microwave and unlicensed point to point links
- Onsite tower rigging and RBS fit out
- Other associated project works