Project: INPEX – LNG Telecommunications
Industry: Oil & Gas
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory
Located at Bladin Point in Darwin, the LNG processing plant will process gas from the Ichthys offshore reserves in the Timor Sea with two LNG trains with a capacity of 8.4 million tonnes per annum.
The LNG processing plant is a greenfield development. CSE Crosscom was required to provide a number of packages ranging from integration and design to equipment supply installation commissioning to meet the telecommunications requirements for the operational needs of the LNG plant.
Some of the challenges were:
- To provide robust design and equipment to meet the harsh industrial requirements of a working LNG facility
- To provide field equipment which met stringent Australian regulations for oil and gas compliance and audit requirements, with appropriate documentation
- To provide a working solution within the project time schedule and budget
- To mobilise a team in a remote location to facilitate on site installation and commissioning
As the successful contractor for the onshore telecommunications integration, CSE Crosscom was required to provide detailed engineering, design, procurement, installation and commissioning of the following LNG telecommunications packages:
- Access Control System
- CCTV System
- Dispatcher System
- Fibre Optic Network
- LAN System
- PABX System
- PAGA System
- Plant Facility Radio System
- Structured Cabling System
- Telecom Supervisory System
CSE Crosscom has an on going relationship with the client for any future telecommunications requirements.